Friday, September 14, 2007

Holy Triptych - another sketch card.

Another sketch.




I am not sure how the heck I think I will catch up on these sketches -- but I am sure having fun trying. This is sketch number 10 on Sara's Desperate Stampers blog. I love the concept of my card but am not sure what it is lacking? I am not 100% satisfied with it but did not want to add more because I did not want to take away from the main image. This is one of the most beautiful Christmas sets Stampin Up! has come out with in quite some time. (of course that is just my opinion and we all know what they say). So enough of all that and on to my card.....






I seem to be making a lot of these 6 by 6 cards all of a sudden. Funny how we get in little design grooves. The main image is the Holy Family from Holy Triptych. It is stamped in VersaMark and embossed with detail gold powder. I then cut it out with my mega scallop oval punch. I water colored the image using my Aqua Painter and ink pads. I also added a bit of a "glow" with my pastels. The colors of ink I used to do my coloring were: Certainly Celery, Soft Sky, Sage Shadow and Always Artichoke. The halo is done in barely banana marker and the star is the Summer Sun Marker. I layered the scalloped oval on an oval I cut with my Coluzzle of Always Artichoke and then a bigger oval of Soft Sky. The designer series papers are from the Wintergreen collection. The base of the card is Certainly Celery. Followed by Always Artichoke and then the designer series paper. I did slip one more layer of Certainly Celery in between the layers of designer series paper. The greeting is also embossed with gold and can be found in the new Star Studded Season Set. There are also three antique brass brad used. I was thinking about using this for a swap card on one of my groups but now that I showed it I probably shouldn't -- some people like a surprise. Hope you enjoyed. Thanks for stopping by.