Friday, May 23, 2008

Blogger's Challenge #48 - Red White and Blue

The card in the last post was going to be my blogger's challenge card for this week but I changed my mind and decided to go the more traditional route. I also wanted to use some stamps that don't get much chance to see ink. The first card is all Stampin Up! stamps and punches.




Stamps: Classic Stars Jumbo Wheel, So Many Sayings and Headline Alphabet.

This next card was actually just created to use this ribbon I have had for a couple of years, lol.
The stamps are Studio G and Stampin Up!. The top portion is emboss resist on glossy white card stock.




And this one was just messing around with my coluzzle and a mix of Studio G and Stampin Up stamps.




Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday weekend! Don't forget to be mindful of all the people who have and ARE fighting for us and our freedom!

20 nice people left a comment:

Lynn Mercurio said...

Girl...3 CARDS! You must win the prize this week...lol. All of them are FABULOUS. I always forget about using my alphabet sets, but I love the look in your fist card. I'm a real sucker for stars so I'm particularly drawn to your second card...heck, they are all rockin'! Great job.

Unknown said...

Amazing cards, Mary Jo. I particularly like the first one. Great combo of stamps!

Connie Babbert said...

WOW!!! 3 cards that are wonderful! Love the alphabet and I also forget to use them, too!

Chrissy D said...

Each card gets better and better! All three are fabulous! You were on a roll! TFS!

Lisa Somerville said...

WOW you were busy! Love how they all have a different look using the same 3 colors - that ribbon is great!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Oh, I love all three of them! I think I like the first one the best... it's just so bold! Great job, and have a super weekend!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Well lady...you've been busy!! These are fantastic! Such great designs! :D

Basement Stamper said...

you put us all to shame this week. I love when we are able to get the mojo going and do more than one card!! Great cards, I love the SU ones as those stars are awesome!

Anonymous said...

All 3 cards are fantastic. Love the ribbon with the stars and the layout of the 3rd card!

Nikki Bond said...

These are allgorgeous! I love all the extra touches you added to each card....great job this week! {SMILES}

Amy Caraluzzi said...

I could hardly manage one card this week...you put me to shame! Your cards are wonderful! I love the first card with the stars wheel -- super job!

Barbara said...

WOW! You were on a roll!! All 3 are amazing, but if I had to choose, I'm loving the first card. FABULOUS!!

Lori said...

Wow--three cards! All of them are great. I really like the bold, graphic look of the first card.

Ida said...

Would it be mean to call you an "over achiever" this week (LOL)
Seriously all your cards are just wonderful. Each one has some really great details that make them stand out. Hard to pick a favorite.

Lisa Bohler said...

Please don't make me pick a favorite! I love the circle around the layer of stars on the last one!

Kerry D-C said...

Wow MJ! You went to town with these patriotic colors! 3 Fabtastic cards!

Kathie Bailey said...

These are all fabulous Mary Jo! Love all the use of stars too.

SueB said...

Ooh! I LOVE challenges - here's my take on the red, white & blue card:
http://sueblondin.blogspot.com/2008/05/happy-memorial-day.html
later, alligator!

tonistamps said...

All GREAT cards Mary Jo! Very inspirational.

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Wow! a 3fer....all sweet!