Saturday, June 28, 2008

A wise man once said....


This card is created for the Featured Swapper's Challenge on Great Swap Girls. I just became a member recently and did not realize these were challenges. I thought the Featured Swapper was just a way to get to know the other swapper and I am ashamed to say that I did not read them due to time constraints. Well I found a few extra minutes and thought I would check it out and low and behold it is a challenge! You all know I love challenges so I jumped right on and plan to play each time. The Featured swapper this week was
BECKY CARAFA! She's our fearless leader and go-to gal for anything GSG!

I chose this card to case. I moved the circle image to the other side to accommodate my sentiment. Also change the stamps, colors and papers. I have to say I seen lots of great samples I wanted to case -- go check out her blog.






Isn't this the cutest. I love the sentiment. In case you can't read it this is what is says...
A wise man once said.
Follow your dreams except the one where you are at work in your underwear.

I found these at JoAnn's in the dollar spot -- I know they are selling for more on line everywhere. I bought them all.

I love this size card, it is 4 1/4 by 4 1/4. Such a fun size and it is so easy to make your own envelopes using a regular SU envelope. Stamin Up!'s envelopes -- you can see the great tutorial on Cindy's blog The Creative Closet. I thought it was brilliant and oh so easy!


Stamps: Inkadinkado Follow Your Dreams
Paper: Really Rust and Old Word paper pack (non SU) and Whisper White
Ink: Basic Brown
Accessories: markers, blender pen, pretties kit, prima flower, nestabilities

That's it for today-hope you have a great day.


2 nice people left a comment:

Becky Carafa said...

Thanks for playing, I'm honored! This is fantastic, and that's a great saying, lol!

Alex said...

I just got this stamp and it makes me laugh out loud! Your card is stinkin' adorable, I love the colors and the circle around the image is fabulous! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex