Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Three Clover's Thursday Challenge Week 43

This week Kerry is looking for cards made with Blue, White and Silver. Well, those are some of my favorite traditional Christmas colors and since I am still making Christmas cards--I mail out over 200 and usually they are all different because I hate to make the same card more than once, lol. So here is my Night of Navy, Silver and Whisper White super easy, yet super elegant Christmas card. This would be one that would be really easy to make in bulk! The bottom edge is done with the slit punch. I just punched it on the white piece at equal intervals and folded it over. Then I added the blue to make it look like two tone circles. I seen this on Debbie's Designs blog. Great idea.

Be sure to hop over to Kerry's Three Clovers Blog to see what the other designers on the team have done with this challenge!


Stamps: Scenic Season, Many Merry Messages
Paper: Night of Navy, Shimmery Silver, Whisper White
Ink: Night of Navy
Other: slip punch

Thanks for stopping by today--hope you enjoy this simple yet elegant card.

Mary Jo

5 nice people left a comment:

Tamara said...

I came over from Kerry's blog because I was so intrigued by your bottom border. I am totally going to pull out my slit punch and give this a try. Thanks for sharing such a unique look on your amazing card.

Kerry D-C said...

Such a pretty card, MJ!! Love the bottom...very cool!!!!!

Ida said...

This is wonderful. I saw that same technique for your border done on another blog here:

http://stampin-style.typepad.com/stampin-style/2009/10/in-the-pink-ppa-14.html

It really does add an extra special touch.

Ida said...

This is wonderful. I saw that same technique for your border done on another blog here:

http://stampin-style.typepad.com/stampin-style/2009/10/in-the-pink-ppa-14.html

It really does add an extra special touch.

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful, love what you did with the slit punch!