Tuesday, February 16, 2010

3 down, 1000's to go!

Ever feel like you will NEVER get caught up!  Yea, me too.  I am trying to get caught up on some challenges I have been wanting to get to but can's seem to get enough time.  Why or why do we have to do silly things like cook, clean, laundry--you know what I am getting at!  Our days should be filled with stamping and nothing more--except for spending time with my son--he can stamp with me, lol!

Anyway, I was able to get three challenges done!

The sketch challenge on Stampin Connection
and
The Stampin Connection Technique Challenge--emboss resist.

This first one is for the 411 sketch....

 
Stamps: Close as a Memory
Paper: Orchid Opulence, Pale Plum, Rich Razzleberry, Whisper White, Razzleberry Lemonade
Ink: Basic Black
Other: markers, ribbon, sponges

This next card is a combo of the sketch and technique challenges on Stampin Connection (US demo only site)

 
Stamps: Whimsical Words, Medallion 
Paper: Pretty in Pink, Rose Red, Chocolate Chip, Glossy White
Ink: VersaMark, Rose Red, Pretty in Pink
Other: Sweet Pea felt, oval punch, scallop oval punch, white embossing powder, embossing gun, brad, ribbons, sponges, white gel pen

Maybe I will get a few more done tomorrow?? Who knows my son is waiting for me again.

Mary Jo

9 nice people left a comment:

Christyne said...

MJ, I just LOVE these! Your sympathy card is particularly stunning and one I will certainly be CASEing! TFS.

Unknown said...

These cards are fabulous, MJ! Love what you did with our 411 sketch and your SC challenge card is gorgeous!

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

Great job on both cards. I love the first one and how all the colors match perfectly. Awesome!!!

Tammy Q Howell said...

Both cards are lovely. That 2nd one is so pretty. Love all the details.

rozie640 said...

Love the sympathy card and the card with the fuzzy pieces, that little pink bow is awesome.

Patti Chesky said...

I love them both, but the first card is stunning!! I am a purple freak (so 'nuf said), but it really is a jaw-dropper!

MelissaS said...

I am in love with your second card here. The Medallion is so pretty and I love the large focal point, set off by those cute little felt flowers. Nice job!

stamperbeth said...

Both cards are awesome! I agree though, why do we have to do chores when there is so much more fun stuff to do?

gbarron56 said...

beautiful job, as always, Mary Jo! Your colors are perfect for a sympathy card. Thanks so much for playing along with the Stamping 411 Saturday Sketch Challenge. We hope you'll be back for more soon! Blessings, Gretchen -- www.gretchenbarron.typepad.com