Sunday, May 9, 2010

Featured Stamper Challenge 15 Week of May 9-15th

This week on Stampin Connection we are featuring Debbie Cipolla one of our fellow demonstrators.  The idea of these challenges are that you pick a card she made and re-make it changing at least two things.  I did two this week.  These will be part of my all occasions class this month.

This first card is using two of my favorite colors that will be retiring.  Cameo Coral and Ruby Red.  I also added some Real Red that will not be retiring.  The scallop rectangles are done by taping two scallop squares together.   You can see the card I chose to inspire me on the right.  I changed the size, color, added scallops and texture, changed the position of the ribbon and sentiment, changed the stampers and added the dots. 




Stamps: Of the Earth (hostess) Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: Real Red, Ruby Red, Cameo Coral, Whisper White
Ink: Real Red
Other: embossing folder, scallop circle die, scallop oval die, lg oval die, wide red ribbon, gel pen

The next card is a combo of inspiration taken from the same card above and another card too.  I loved the colors on the card above and the layout of this new card.  Very simple yet so pretty.


I changed a lot on this one.  But I did basically keep the layout the same.

Stamps: Thoughts and Prayers, Itty Bitty Bits (Summer Mini)
Paper: Pale Plum, Rich Razzleberry, Whisper White, Razzleberry Lemonade DP
Ink: Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive
Other: ribbon, markers, pearls ribbon, Bitty Buttons punch

I sure hope that you all have a wonderful Mother's Day today!  I am also sharing a poem that was posted on one of my boards today that I really likes.  Hope you enjoy.


MOTHERS

Real Mothers don't eat quiche;
They don't have time to make it.

Real Mothers know that their kitchen utensils
Are probably in the sandbox.

Real Mothers often have sticky floors,
Filthy ovens and happy kids.

Real Mothers know that dried play dough
Doesn't come out of carpets.

Real Mothers don't want to know what
The vacuum just sucked up....

Real Mothers sometimes ask 'Why me?'
And get their answer when a little
Voice says, 'Because I love you best..'

Real Mothers know that a child's growth
Is not measured by height or years or grade...
It is marked by the progression of Mommy to Mom to Mother........

The Images of Mother

4 YEARS OF AGE - My Mommy can do anything!

8 YEARS OF AGE - My Mom knows a lot! A whole lot!

12 YEARS OF AGE - My Mother doesn’t know everything!

14 YEARS OF AGE - My Mother? She wouldn’t have a clue.
.
16 YEARS OF AGE - Mother? She's so five minutes ago.

18 YEARS OF AGE - That old woman? She's way out of date!

25 YEARS OF AGE - Well, she might know a little bit about it!

35 YEARS OF AGE - Before we decide, let's get Mom's opinion.

45 YEARS OF AGE - Wonder what Mom would have thought about it?

65 YEARS OF AGE - Wish I could talk it over with Mom...

The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure she carries, or the way she combs her hair..

The beauty of a woman must be seen from in her eyes,
Because that is the doorway to her heart,
The place where love resides.
The beauty of a woman is not in a facial mole,
But true beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul.
It is the caring that she lovingly gives, the passion that she
Shows, and the beauty of a woman with passing years only grows!

author unknown.

I hope your day is blessed with much love and some time to spend on YOU!
You are special and deserve to be praised today!

Mary Jo




1 nice people left a comment:

STAMPING SAM said...

I am a new follower to your site and just wanted to tell you how much I appreciate your sharing of your ideas and knowledge in card making. I'm also a new SU demo and need 'help' in getting my 'grove' going! Your an inspiration! Thanks so much...also love the Mother's Day verses!

Sally McDonald