Saturday, July 24, 2010

Blogger's Challenge gone bad--too many bugs!I

I got this super cool thing in the mail the other day. It was a canister type thing and when you opened it there were drink mixes in there.  I was so excited because I thought it would make a super cute gift holder.  I was thinking fun summery paper on the outsides and then filling it with a small sun screen, nail file chap stick, small lotion.  You get the picture don't you.  Well as the title implies--it did not work.  After I covered the inside part with paper it would no longer fit inside the outer part!  No matter what I did--can't believe they were that tight--I only used designer paper and only one layer!  So that was that!  I decided to cover the other part and make them into pencil and accessory holders.  Sorry guys.....I am sure the rest of the Blogger's challenge crew had better luck than me, lol. You can visit them by clicking on the logo on the top right hand side of my blog.  I do have some fun bug cards to share at the end of the post though!

Here is the original container....


And my boring old containers....


Here are my buggy posts too.  This week and next on Latenightstampers we have a contest/challenge going on where you could win $25 worth of Stampin Up product of your choice from me.  The details of the challenge are as follows....

Challenge 80--one stamp set two or more cards

And a contest to see who can post the most samples using this challenge (in the Challenge 80 members photo album)

You can win $25 worth of your choice of products from the new catalog!!


Challenge and Contest will run from July 19-August 2




So here are some samples with the Bugs and Kisses stamp set.



All three cards use the Bugs and Kisses set.  The one with the ants carrying the caterpillar also uses the Loads of love set.  I also kept to the same color combo using the same papers and inks.

Papers Tempting Turquoise, Old Olive, Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White, and the dp from our current mini.
Ink: Old Olive, Real Red, Basic Black, So Saffron, Pumpkin Pie
Other: wide oval punch, ribbon, scallop edge punch, mini circle punch from the punch pack, embossing folders. 

Hope you have a great weekend--full of fun and blessings!
Mary Jo

12 nice people left a comment:

Lisa Somerville said...

Wonderful recycled canisters! Great idea!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Your containers are fabulous Mary Jo! Such a fun, summery look! The buggy cards are quite cute too! :D

Lisa Bohler said...

You were way too hard on yourself..those are CUTE! You may not have ended up with the result in your head, your result is great!

BarbaraW said...

I guess you can say that this challenge drove you buggy. [groan]
Your idea was great and your pencil holders are cool and fun. Your bug cards are great.

Ida said...

Your containers are not boring. They are fun, colorful and functional too.

Connie Fossenier said...

I love your bug cards...and your pencil holder containers...are the perfect recycle idea...love the Bright PP...
connie paxman

Claudia Perry said...

I think your containers turned out way cute! Fill us in... what kind of drink are these? And where did you get them?

Anonymous said...

I love how your canister turned out. I got one too and had the same idea. Thanks for saving me from pulling out my hair. I peeled off the 2 stickers and it is sitting on my desk. Let's both have a nice cold C.L. and then let me figure out what DS paper to use to cover mine. LOL! TFS.
Ad K.

Kathy W said...

love how you jazzed up canisters!

Marilyn SanClemente said...

What a great use of a container!

Basement Stamper said...

I think your holders came out good, very cute and the bug cards are adorable too!

Nola Burkhard said...

Great projects--all of them! Love the recyced items--wasn't that fun, and your card with the caterpillar & ants--just as "cute as a bug!"
Nola