Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Contempo Christmas Cards

I do not own this set but thanks to my friend Rose who hosted a mystery swap a bunch of us got to play. Can you believe she sent us all a bunch of these images already stamped and embossed. Way too much work for me, not sure I would have done it so these cards are extra special, lol! I really had fun with this challenge. We actually had so much stuff we were able to make four cards! I think I could maybe squeeze out one more too but haven't had time to play. So here is a picture of what she sent us...

 
Can you just imagine how long it took her to do this for a bunch of us.  We love you Rose, you crazy girl.  She is always over the top on things like this.  She also enabled me to by that big trim die I swore I would not, lol!  Go figure, lol.  Anyway, here are the cards I made with the supplies.






Super fun challenge!  

Stamps: Contempo Christmas
Paper: Certainly Celery, Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive, Very Vanilla, Jolly Holiday DP
Ink: cherry Cobbler, Old Olive, Versa Mark
Other: embossing powder, rhinestones, lots of punches, embossing plates and big shot dies. 

Thanks so much Rose for all the fun!  You ROCK!
Mary Jo

4 nice people left a comment:

Janice said...

Oh my! What a wonderful stash. I like all the cards but #2 is my fav and I like #4. Great job! Can I send you my supplies and you do my cards for me???

MelissaS said...

Your cards are fantastic. I love that combination of colors and trims and ornaments.

My eyes stopped at "big trim die." Then I went online to find it in the holiday mini. Why didn't I notice it the last 4 times I looked at the mini? I love trims!! But, does it work in the Cuttlebug (I understand they have expanded plates now), or is it too thick? There's no way I can justify a Big Shot right now :)

Rose said...

Oh MJ you are so sweet. I had so much fun putting that packet of stuff together. Your work as always is awesome. I love that Bigz trim die, so versatile. Thanks for playing along and sharing your time and talent with the group!! I'm impressed.

mary.schultz said...

Wow, those are super cute! I think my favorite is number 2, but I like number 1 as well. I'm jealous - I want to be Rose's friend, too, so I can get in on the fun! :-)