Thursday, September 1, 2011

Ladies and Gentlemen

I participated in a challenge on VC-Rocks to create a feminine and a masculine card with the same set. So to make it even harder I chose the new Need for Speed set since that one seems like such a masculine set so I thought it would be fun to make a girly card with it.  I actually won second place with the samples.  What do you think of them?

First up the masculine card...


And now the feminine card....


I figure us women like HOT card too!  Especially in pink, lol!  It was such a fun challenge.  Here are the details of what was used on each card.

Masculine:
Stamps: Need for Speed, Bring on the Cake
Paper: Cajun Craze, River Rock, Not Quite Navy, Whisper White and Well Worn DP
Ink: Basic Black, Cajun Craze
Other: brads, markers, word window punch

Feminine:
Stamps: Need for Speed, Tiny Tags, Bring on the Cake
Paper: Rose Red, Regal Rose, Whisper White, DP
Ink: Basic Black, Rose Red
Other: markers, ribbon, tiny tag punch, word window punch, Modern Label punch, rose

So would you have made a feminine card with this set?  Do you think it works.  I created the street and sidewalk part by hand as my husband didn't like the last card I made with this set because the card seem to look "weird with out something under it".  So now he is happy--kinda-he didn't like the pink, lol.  Go figure!

Hope you are having a great day, I am just spending the last few days with my son before school starts on Tuesday.  So sad that summer is over already.
Mary Jo