Thursday, December 29, 2011

Wow, what a nice break I had! I made my own digital stamps!

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!  Ours was great, although with all the chaos we never even got a tree up. So on Christmas Eve we put up a Charlie Brown tree in an empty room that we have been doing some work in and that was our tree!  Kind of fun actually.  My son said it really don't matter about the tree mom--it's important that we are together and celebrating Jesus birthday!  How heartwarming that was to hear!  I am excited about the upcoming New Year!  I know it will be better than this year.  Too much sickness and death this year.  Here's to a healthy , happy and prosperous 2012!

I have not stamped in weeks and had time today but couldn't even get motivated to do it.  Even though I have lots and lots of brand new stamp sets.  So I decided to try out my new Bamboo writing tablet and make a few of my own digital stamps.  It is not so easy to draw on these.  I will need to practice a lot but though I would share the first three images I drew and the cards I was then able to make with them.  Nice and simple cards--hard to get back into the swing of things, lol.

I couldn't decide what I wanted to draw so I just started with a Santa!  I tried to make him look like he was sorry about the gift he brought.  Don't ask why, just thought it would be fun for my first try at drawing on this tablet.  Here is the card with the image...

 Then I asked my son what I should draw and he said a tiger so this is what I came up with.  Pretty silly but kind of cute...






Then finally I decided to try a penquin how hard can that be--ha ha..




I think they are kind of cute especially since it was the first time ever to use a writing tablet and try to draw.  I will make a few cards with them and who knows maybe I will get better.  My problem is thinking of what to draw--any ideas??

All stamp images are drawn by me--all other supplies are Stampin Up!

Happy today!
It's good to be back!
Mary Jo


5 nice people left a comment:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful cards :-)

Robyn said...

So cute MJ! You are so talented!

Cheryl M. said...

Fun images, love your Santa and especially his explanation. I would tell that Santa that it is "all good" and that he deserves a nap, though.

Carol Carriveau said...

You did a great job and look forward to seeing your progress. Happy New Year to you and your family - with many wishes for a much better year all around!

Rose said...

Hi MJ, sorry to hear your holidays were so hectic and stressful. I too am glad to throw the 2011 year calendar in the trash and NEVER look back. I love your story about Woody and the Christmas tree. Wishing you and yours a much happier 2012. Bravo for you drawing your own images and they are cute. I'm looking forward to joining a few of your challenges this year. Hugs