Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Try Stamping on Tuesday with a Twist!

Today's challenge is of course the sketch challenge but also with an added twist of Well Worn--I was excited to see that as the twist as I just got the new single stamp Look Up To Father and wanted to use it--worked out perfect!  Here is my card...

I had so much fun with this--I love distressing cards but don't do it that often.  The base is Baked Brown Sugar, then I used a piece of the Wood grain Natural Composition Specialty paper ans added some Baked Brown Sugar ink with a sponge.  I added the ink to the ribbon too and frayed the ends before attaching with brads (been a long time since I used those.  The image is stamped in Baked Brown Sugar on Very Vanilla and cut out with the ovals framelits.  Again I sponged ink on the endges.  All the the edges were distressed with out distressing tool.  The sentiment and brads candy dots along the side finished it off!  Hope you enjoy.  Here is the sketch to play along with us

The twist (if you choose to use it) is WELL WORN.
 
Have a great day!
Mary Jo

5 nice people left a comment:

Nancy Seed said...

Love this. At first thought I thought it was from Lovely as a Tree. Great stamp you have found. Lovely worn affect as well.

stampwithamyk said...

Beautiful card! Love the frayed ribbon and worn edges. Perfect with that image!

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Great card, love the tree. The worn look definitely suits it!
Hugs Shell xx

paula said...

wow this is beautiful, lovely colours used xx

Thanks for sharing x

http://stampingcomerainorshine.blogspot.co.uk/

Unknown said...

Ohhhhh love the worn look of this card and the frayed burlap!!! Awesome idea :)