Friday, April 20, 2018

Flashback Friday--Little Trucks 2002

Wow, this one almost didn't happen!  S0 far for Flashback Fridays I have been just reaching into a box and grabbing any set--and just going with it--as that is part of the fun for me.  But today was a special day--it is my friend Carmen's birthday and he works in construction and I wanted to make him a special card using the old well loved set Little Trucks!  I was not sure if I would even find the darn thing!  For a few minutes, I was convinced that I must have sold it--hence why I HATE to sell sets, lol.  You just never know when you will NEED it to make that one perfect card!  I actually was about to go through the sixth box but when I took the cover of--to my surprise--there it was!!!!!!

Now look at the mess I have on my table--the other five boxes all pulled out.


But whatever!  I am just happy I found this darling set.  I use to use this all the time when my son was small--it was he favorite thing--construction toys and trucks.  As you can tell from the ink on it--I let him play with it many times.  Brings back such happy thoughts of him as a two or three-year-old.  Time goes way way way too fast!



It is really fun to play with this set again and it is so perfect for my foreman friend.  He deserves a special card that he will know was created JUST FOR HIM!


I had lots of fun masking and coloring.  Even dug into some old Designer paper to match up with it.  I love how it turned out!  The happy birthday is current from the Perennial Birthday set. 

So what do you think--is this a good card for a 56 year old Construction Foreman??? I think he will love it.

0 nice people left a comment: