Friday, May 4, 2018

A special Flashback Friday--Balmy Breezes

This week's flashback Friday just kind of evolved into a fabulous birthday card for my sister!  It w as not the plan--as a matter of fact there is generally NEVER a plan for my cards--especially on Flashback Fridays.

It started out normal--just reached into the pile and picked out a random set.  I was really happy with the choice as I love the palm tree and actually forgot all about  this awesome set.  Which in itself is pretty weird as I used it a ton when it was current in the catalog!

I am still trying to play with some of the colors that will be retiring soon so that is how the color combo came about---It made me think of beautiful beaches with palm tress all  over. As I made the front of the card I had nut halfway through I remember that I made my sister some home decor with this set a long time ago and she loved it--so maybe I should make this her birthday card and see if she recognizes it.


I love how the front of the card turned out!  But it had to be extra special because my sister is turning 60 this year!  That is a milestone birthday for sure so no ordinary card will do--so I decided to do a bit of extra on the inside, ya know....just to rub it in a bit that she is getting old, lol!


I actually had to dig through a bunch of retired sets to come up with all the words I needed!  But I am so glad I did.  I think it is adorable.  SO SORRY , YOU'RE OLD--ha ha!  I am actually thinking I might paint that on a coffee mug to match!  Would that be too much teasing??????

I think this is a favorite of the Flashback Fridays so far.  And I had so much fun creating it.

The colors are Bermuda Bay, Pool Party, Pear Pizzazz, Basic Black and Whisper White.  And here is the rest of the images in the set if you do not remember  them...



I sure hope you have a GREAT weekend.
Mary Jo

1 nice people left a comment:

Julie Phillips, aka Julieloveslucy SCS said...

I love that set! Wish I had it. Thanks